This is a personal project. I'm interested in Home Automation and I want this skill for myself. However, it seems there are a few other people who'd be interested as well so I'm happy to share once done.
The plan is to get the skill certified by Amazon so it's publically available. The companion plug-in will be made available on this site.
To help get this done, there's potential for interested parties to get involved. I've already had several offers of help with tasks like testing, security, coding and translation and that's greatly appreciated. If you want to get involved, here's how you can help;
- Let me know what names you have on your squeezebox devices. I can build these into the skill so they are picked up better when spoken to Alexa.
- Let me know what commands you'd find most useful. I'm not planning to implement the full CLI by any stretch. Indeed, my design philosophy is to initially implement a simple sub-set that will permit playback control. So play, pause etc. would be supported but if you want to set up playlists or sync devices into groups, this is probably best done via the LMS itself. (these features may be added in the future but it's KISS for now)
- If you know perl and have experience building or bundling LMS plug-ins, let me know. I'm learning quickly but am new to perl and LMS integration so best practice advice will go a long way.
- Testing. Before I can consider general release to certification, I'll need people to test. You'll need to sign up for an Amazon Developer account to facilitate access to the in-development skill. I'll also share in-progress versions of the plug-in etc. I'll likely set up a basecamp project to manage feedback.
- Funding. Right now, the skill logic is running on my own development server. When done, I'll likely need to move this to a cloud service which will have costs attached. Not right now but in the future I may set up a donations system to help defray these costs. The skill itself and the plug-in will always be freely available.
Please use the forum thread for all correspondence and send any personal correspondence via messaging there.